Re: Salary Question for the Dallas-Fort Worth Area

Subject: Re: Salary Question for the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:57:38 -0400

They're the best we have, but, like all statistical investigations, are limited. For instance, many technical writers are not members of STC and would have little inclination to respond to STC questionnaires. Most of the TWs I know who earn just "liveable" wages cannot afford membership into STC and often they harbor a bias against it (some would even call it "snobby").

:)
Arroxane, proud member of STC since college