RE: Maintaining a common set of web site links

Subject: RE: Maintaining a common set of web site links
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axion -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:02:14 -0700

On Thu, 2005-27-10 at 14:44 -0400, Johnson, Tom wrote:
> Not all of us have been around long enough to have started out in the command line glory days. Some of us have been around long enough, but forgot about them through disuse. I imagine there are some that just don't know...

That seems a shame. I'm not one of those who thinks that using the
command line is geekier or more macho or something. Like most people on
this list, I spent most of my computing time on a desktop. However, the
command line does offer a basic set of tools (and on Linux a very
advanced set). Either way, entering a command sometimes offers the
simplest, most powerful solution to problems -- especially when the
problems involve file management.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield