Goodbye to Techwr-l

Subject: Goodbye to Techwr-l
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axion -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:43:20 -0700

I'm posting this message to tell friends and aquaintances on the list
that I'm unsubscribing from Techwr-l.

Unsubscribing seems a big step for me. I've read or subscribed to
several times a day to the list. I've helped people, and been helped.
I've had some interesting discussions, both on list and off. I've
written articles for its web site, some of which still make me proud. I
even have a Techwr-l T-shirt sent to me by the Rays. All in all,

The trouble is, I haven't worked as a technical writer for a year now.
Even before that, I was branching out into other areas. In the last
year, though, I've been earning most of my money as a journalist and
course designer. Moreover, having been a regular Linux user for seven
years now, I find that I've absorbed a lot of that operating system's
do-it-yourself philosophy, so I'm at odds with the attitudes of the
average Windows user. Increasingly, discussion on the list has become
alien to me, and that tells me it's time to go.

So, thanks to everyone I've corresponded with, and I hope the list is as
useful to everyone as it was once to me. I may change my mind, or drop
by from time to time, but I can't say right now.

If anyone wants me, as of November 1, I will be on extended contract
with the Open Source Technology Group, writing mainly for Newsforge,
"the online newspaper of open source and Linux." I'll be easy to track
down.

The best of luck to all of you,

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421.7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"The secret to a long life is knowing when it's time to go"
- Michelle Shocked

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com