Re: Alternate Title to Tech Writer?

Subject: Re: Alternate Title to Tech Writer?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:49:56 -0800 (PST)

> Really? I've always put the title that I actually had at a company.
> I think it's kinda funny to see my patchwork of titles.

At my gig at Avaya a few years ago, my title was Sales Manager, even
though I wasn't in sales and wasn't a manager. In reality, I was a
technical writer documenting the redesign of the corporate sales
process. I had that title so I could be paid the amount that I was.
If I was to put Sales Manager on my resume, can you imagine the calls
I'd get from recruiters through Monster?

What I was thinking when I posted previously was at some gigs, ya may
be a software technical writer, trainer, and project manager. If you
were going for a position involving tgrainer, wouldn't it make more
sense to use that title?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than