Re: Microsoft Word Auto Numbering

Subject: Re: Microsoft Word Auto Numbering
From: frank -at- research -dot- canon -dot- com -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:48:54 -0700

Thank-you to everyone who replied both on and off list. To solve this
issue I created a style called Body Text Number and assigned it to the
Numbering toolbar button. Not the most desirable solution, but the best
one under the circumstances.

Ed - some questions and comments to your points:

1. I am using Body Text for the body of the document, but I am
interested to know the basis of your suggest for not using 'Normal'
(style). How would numbering be affected?

2. My Heading and Body Text styles are not similar. They use different
fonts at different point sizes, and have different paragraph formatting.
I'm intrigued that Word is assign Heading 1 style to two very different
paragraphs. How long has this been a 'feature' of Word?

3. Great idea about the keyboard shortcuts. I also use customized
shortcuts in all of my documents; I hate having to switch between mouse
and keyboard so tend to favor the keyboard.

Regards,
Frank.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com