RE: Cobra or COBRA

Subject: RE: Cobra or COBRA
From: "Neumann, Eileen" <ENeuman -at- franklintempleton -dot- ca>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, List, Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:22:40 -0500

My experience is that the financial services industry loves both acronyms and capitals. We'll go out of our way to put caps even in words that aren't acronyms. For instance, I always have to write FundSERV, even though it's been in existence for 20 years or so, and no-one knows what SERV might stand for. So I'd chime in with others and recommend sticking to COBRA.

Cheers,
Eileen