[Word] Master documents fixed?

Subject: [Word] Master documents fixed?
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:06:10 +0100 (CET)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find something recent in the archive or on the
web. If there are any frequently updated sources on the net, I would really like an URL or ten.

To the question: A friend of mine has is in the midst of writing her thesis, had had problems with
the master document feature in Word and is now working on seperate documents.
Problem is, this get really out of hand for her, structure-wise.

Before I suggest the move to OOo Writer (and the time problems this might add to her work), I
would like to know: is there any Word version in which the master document problems have been
fixed?

Thanks,

Jens