RE: Replacement for Outlook

Subject: RE: Replacement for Outlook
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Donald H. White" <trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net>, "'List,Techwriter'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:52:09 -0800 (PST)

> John, good luck. Unfortunately, Outlook is so full of
> proprietary controls that things like scheduling and
> integration with the Microsoft Exchange
> client (used by most companies to handle corporate e-mail)

While these posts have been coming in, I did a little more
investigation with my departmental ap support mgr. Turns out there is
more to it than I previously understood.

My company is actualy a Notes shop. However, since my department
hates Notes, our machines are setup with Outlook through a Notes
connector that allows us to use Outlook on top of Notes. Therefore,
to access Outlook remote, I'd not only have to use Outlook, but I'd
have to install Notes, and that aint gonna happen on a privately
owned machine.

So...thanks for the assistance, but I'm back to square 1.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"The word "genius" isn't applicable
in football. A genius is a guy like