RE: Hiring Question

Subject: RE: Hiring Question
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:52:09 -0800 (PST)

--- Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com> wrote:

However, I'm doing writing kind of test for my
employer as we try to find writers. Why? Easy.

The test is not about writing. I assume as a
professional writer, you can write. I'm interested in
how you approach a badly
organized page of information.

Tony Markos responds:

And what better way to organize the text than for the
writer to have a properly structured understanding of
the product. (No matter how organized the formatting,
if writer does not have an comprehensive, integrated
understanding of the product, the text is going to be
real disjointed.)

As Charles Horn (generally credited with having
"invented" structured writing) states on the
Infomapping web site: (structured) writing is really
all about [a proper product] analysis.

http://mail.yahoo.com