RE: Including very complex explanation in a simple document

Subject: RE: Including very complex explanation in a simple document
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'List,Techwriter'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:54:48 -0600

How about structuring your documentation so that it has, somehow, (1)
specific steps that clearly explain what users are supposed to actually do
to attain their goals, and (2) a section after each of those offering an
optional explanation. This kind of 'what - why' documentation is quite
effective I believe.

The optional reading for explanation sections should not repeat the
instructions but should refer to them of course.

Jim Jones http://www.tinyurl.com/4arjc