Re: Callouts in Graphics

Subject: Re: Callouts in Graphics
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:19:14 -0800

>> -- OK, that is fair enough if the XML and source
GIFs are to be consumed and displayed in a home-grown
application. However, if you are producing HTML, HTML
Help, or another common online delivery format which
is compiled by/into or displayed by technology you
have not yourself invented, this is a non-issue.--

I guess we need more info as to what's being done with the XML. <<

We need to output out content to PDF, HTML, and print
for publication, and those in charge have deemed that
we are limited to PNG and JPG formats. I am removed
from those decisions, so I don't know why there is
such a strict limit on format types.

There are current rumblings that we authors cannot
even create our own PNG files from Visio, and will
have to go through a graphic artist for such work.

I'm lobbying for a more schedule and bottleneck
avoiding friendly solution.

I am frustrated as have been doing graphics for
documentation as part of the basic job for over
20 years and am reluctant to turn it over to someone
who will be utterly swamped with graphic requests.

CB - a small cog in a very big machine

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.