RE: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: New Poll Question
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:48:57 -0500

Amanda Norcross said...

> I'm halfway to 33, so I'm guessing that I was born after Dick was in
> the sixth grade. Not willing to go so far as to say LONG after Dick
was
> in the sixth grade - after all, I might need him to respond to one of
my
> tech writing questions at some point. :)
>
> Amanda

So you're 16 and 6 months... Does your mother know you're fooling around
posting messages to Internet news lists when you're supposed to be doing
geometry homework? <grin>

Amanda's professed age makes me feel old: I was also in my sophomore
year of high school when I got my driver's license and my first car--a
car that shared my birth year: a 1968 Chevrolet Impala that was
affectionately referred to by myself and my friends as the "creature
from hell." There were big hair bands. High school kids had cars with
big back seats. Those cars produced big billows of white tire smoke from
the REAR tires when they peeled out of the parking lot after school. Gas
was under a dollar a gallon. Ahh... Those were the days when life at
high school was the way God intended teenage years to be...