RE: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: New Poll Question
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "Beth Agnew" <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:15:09 -0500

When I was in college, a local business called the school newspaper to ask if we had any use for a used copy camera. We thought it might be a good idea, but we were concerned about how much of our limited space it might take up. We asked how big it was and they said 30 by 48 inches. We figured it might fit so a couple of us went to check it out. The negative size was 30 x 48, but the camera was close to 30 feet long and used 4 1000 watt bulbs to light the subject. It was a monstrous camera, but a thing of beauty in a way. Needless to say, it didn't quite meet our needs. I suppose that huge, beautiful, lens (it rode on cast-iron rails) ended up in the trash--what a shame. The whole camera really should've gone to a museum.

Just the other day, I introduced my kids to carbon paper. They were amazed.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com