Re: Contracters - billing for driving time?

Subject: Re: Contracters - billing for driving time?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:48:41 -0800

I think this will vary depending on your situation. If you happen
to live a significant distance from your default business region,
then you need to accept the time required to get from your home
to that business region as one of the costs of your choice of
a place to live. OTOH, if you have to travel way outside your
normal region, for example a local client wants you to go to
their other office 300 miles away from the one you normally
work through, then that travel time should be billable.

As for your friend the graphic designer, if he's established a
business plan in which his work normally comes to him at
home and his clients accept that office visits by him are an
extra cost item, then more power to him.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com>