RoboHelp Baby...and Now the Rest of the Story

Subject: RoboHelp Baby...and Now the Rest of the Story
From: "Cathy MacDonald" <camacdonald -at- core -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:16:12 -0600

Since I'm narcissistic enough to believe that everyone is interested in my
sordid tales of Life in the Workplace, let me refresh your collective
memories about my purchase reqs (for software and training) that had to be
to the vendor by CoB on December 23rd.

Purchasing Person told me she had mailed them off on the 22nd. As of today
(Jan. 2) they still haven't reached the vendor, according to our beloved
vendor, who has the patience of a saint. We'll end up spending an
additional $3000 and changing our training dates because one person decided
that waiting until the 11th hour (or December 31st) probably wouldn't hurt.
After all, she only had a full month's warning.

My new policy for dealing with these Cube Sloths: polite efficiency,
followed up by e-mail notes to the Slack King of Purchasing and cc:'d to
every director, VP, engineering team lead, and project manager in the
company, with the words "DEADLINE IS <INSERT DATE HERE>" in 72-point type.

Vindictive, me? Pshaw!