Re: saving trees (printing)

Subject: Re: saving trees (printing)
From: "H. Christopher Christner" <cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:25:11 -0500

A few more thoughts on PDF docs. Cutting out the paper's a good way to
reduce costs, and, depending on your audience, shouldn't be a problem with
customers.

But when it is a problem, yikes! Quark found out the hard way when they
released version 6 without printed manuals. Customers were outraged and it's
still gets mentioned on their forum after two years. Also, the lack of
printed docs is considered a negative in CNET's reviews (see
http://tinyurl.com/btrbl, for example).

FYI,
Chris