RE: Could be "Why Open Office kicks MS Word's butt"

Subject: RE: Could be "Why Open Office kicks MS Word's butt"
From: "Kevin Amery" <kevin -dot- amery -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "'Sarah Stegall'" <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:46:42 -0500

I tried Star Office a few months ago. Generally, I liked it, but I ran into
two snags:

- It didn't synch with my Windows CE PDA nearly as well as MS Office does
(gee, there's a shock)
- I usually plan documents using Outline mode, where all I see is the
heading levels. OO / Star Office does have a feature that lets you create
outlines, but it appears in a separate window instead of hiding different
levels in the main document. I don't find that as useful for the way I
think.

So, reluctantly, I went back to the dark side....

Until next time....

Kevin Amery