Re: HELP! A monumental pickle

Subject: Re: HELP! A monumental pickle
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Kirk Turner <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:15:31 -0800 (PST)

> I have a serious problem that I hope sounds familiar to
> someone out there. First, a little background. I am editing

Also..if you don't have FM available and insist on staying in the MS
world, a couple of suggestions..

1) I don't know if your 1,000 page document is one document or
multiple documents. Howeverk, in either case...have you tried
reducing the length of the files. Assuming you have multiple files,
if a file is 50 pages, make it three documents of less then 20 pages
and see if it still crashes.

2) Clean out every style except the base styles...either select the
whole flow, then apply the base Body style or open the file and save
as txt, which should eliminate the application of all styles. Close
it, then reopen the file. Then make liberal use of your format
paintbrush to reapply your styles.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"Bigamy is having one wife