RE: Large WORD '03 document?

Subject: RE: Large WORD '03 document?
From: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:45:34 -0600

I think most everything has been said, but I would add that just FYI - Word
docs have broken at 17-20 MB - gosh, since I can remember, at least since
1996. I remember the year because it was such a tragedy when that one
happened.(moved it to Pagemaker)
You're going to have to book the doc into chapters, sections, something that
will get each file below the 15MB mark or move it to Indesign, Pagemaker or
Frame.
I know - there are instances of docs going up to 40MB; I've done it myself.
But that only works if you have a superior template with no bugs, no macros
AND you are the only author/editor and are very very careful. If you share
it with just a few other people, it will break every time.
rick