Re: SnagIt and StarDock

Subject: Re: SnagIt and StarDock
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Paul Pehrson <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:37:27 -0500

On 1/11/06, Paul Pehrson <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> As for SnagIt, I'd encourage you to download a free trial before you
> pass judgement. You can get a free trial at SnagIt's website:
>
> http://www.techsmith.com/download/freetrials.asp
>
> Two reasons SnagIt is better than PrintScreen include: (1) You can
> easily capture scrolling windows; (2) You can easily capture cascading
> menus.

Funny you should mention that. I've been using HyperSnap for screen
captures, but in our infinite wisdom, we're finally standardizing our
screen capture tool. We're buying SnagIt for the group, but we don't
have enough money to buy everyone licenses at the same time. So I
downloaded the trail version earlier this week to play around with
while I wait for a real license.

The software that we're documenting is a Web based product. Although
I can get some of the spiffy features (dialog box capture, menu
capture) to work on Windows applications, I can't seem to get them to
work on our product dialogs and menus inside the browser. :sigh::
They would have been nice to have. However, the scrolling capture
will be a HUGE bonus for the occasional product screen that scrolls
off the bottom of the page.

Julie Stickler