RE: Page Margin and Font Size Question

Subject: RE: Page Margin and Font Size Question
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:06:47 -0800

1. Margins:
.75 top and bottom
.75 left and right margins
(but our text flow has a 2.6" side head column, so the
effective body text size is roughly 4.2")
2. Point size for heads
These are our inline heads, the chapter title is different.
Head1 - 16
Head2 - 14
Head3 - 12
Head4 - 12
Body text - 10 point
(we also use different positioning and font weight for each heading)
3. Beginning
Chapter Title - Our chapter title is "level 0", formatted differently
that in-line headings.
It is in a 1-column 1-row table within a separate text frame,
starting 1.125" below the top.
First line of text on the title page starts at 3".
First line of text on other pages start .75" below top.
Body text paragraph has 9 pt space above and below.

I developed these standards based on previous experience and also
information from "Xerox Publishing Standards", Xerox Corporation, Xerox
Press, 1988, especially chapter 4.

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.