RE: Setting Logical Page Numbering from FrameMaker

Subject: RE: Setting Logical Page Numbering from FrameMaker
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:14:08 -0800

> Why do that now with a book that may never be put to paper? Instead, use sequential numbering starting with
the Title page as 1. To preserve the style of front
matter, perhaps use roman numerals, but then allow the
first page of text to be something other than 1.

Would readers care? Would someone else be upset? <<

Yes they care, and it makes reviewing a challenge.

Which page number are you referring to, the one in
the PDF, or the one in the document itself, as they
are different?

We had several responses from customers complaining
that the page numbers didn't align. Since we changed
to start page number 1 at the front matter, we have
not had a complaint and reviewers find it easier.

We frequently have review meetings via a conference
call, and when everyone know that page 47 means the
same exact page, it smooths the review and speeds
it along.

CB

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.