RE: Do Burned CDs Have a Short Life Span?

Subject: RE: Do Burned CDs Have a Short Life Span?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:09:44 -0800 (PST)

> Given the short "half-life" of the information
> with which I work, I expect the value of my
> Technical Communication products to degrade
> much faster than any media on which they are
> recorded.

So, one warm day, Plato and Theaetetus were on a bench, having a brew
and a piece of crusty bread (Atkins wan't born yet) and talking about
all kinds of things. Theaetetus says to Plato..."ya, know, professor,
one day some of your thoughts are going to be pretty important. You
should do more to preserve your scribblings and notes."

Says Plato "So, Theaetetus...how much HAVE you ben drinking, anyway?!
I've talked to you about not coming to the academy with half a load
on before."

My point...did anyone who wrote anything really worthwhile many years
ago actually know they were doing that at the time?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."