Re: Help: my e-mail address is being spoofed by a spammer!

Subject: Re: Help: my e-mail address is being spoofed by a spammer!
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:20:50 -0500

Hi Geoff,

I had the same thing happen to me last year. All of a sudden, I was getting spam addressed to me From me. My wife was getting spam addressed to her from me. It would have been so bad except the spammer was selling time-shares to a sex club in Mexico. Identifying the spammer as junk mail wouldn't work because that would send all mail addressed to me to the trash. It took a little over a month for things to clear out. Luckily, I didn't get listed as a spammer and I didn't loose any work or friends over the episode, but it was embarrassing especially when my 75-year-old aunt mentioned she got the email.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang