Re: Starting over (long)

Subject: Re: Starting over (long)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Michelle Corbin" <corbinm -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>, "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:03:58 -0800

If the editor was indeed *testing,* as Michelle suggests, then I would think yes, as long as the "test" consisted of "here's the SW CDs and the manuals, there's a test box, set the whole thing up by following the instructions." However, in my limited experience with SW, that's seldom assigned to editors. YMMV.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

I'm not so sure that an editor would have been able to do much in my
situation. This is because much of what is documented requires a
considerable amount of setup. That's the whole reason why this
deletion of the envoronment was so upsetting. For instance...to get
to the functionality of creating custom content, you first have to
create and setup a client. Then in that client, you have to set up an
employee. What took me three lines to describe takes over 50 pages of
documentation. It was at this level that I discovered my "errors".