Re: Online Help

Subject: Re: Online Help
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:59:30 -0500

For the past couple of years or so, RoboHelp has gone through quite a
transition. eHelp was bought by Macromedia, the development team was
let go, the product manager left, their booth at WritersUA was never
set up and a FedEx box of marketing material was left in its place, a
statement was made that RHX5 would be sold and supported by no mention
of further development was made, Adobe bought Macromedia...

All this and other isolated events have led the Help community to
surmise that RoboHelp as a product has been sunset. No official word
has been made by Macromedia nor Adobe either confirming or denying
this.

The shared advice among the Help community is to NOT invest in
RoboHelp at this time, at least not until more info is known.

There are many other tools out there that can produce online Help. See
www.helpstuff.com for a matrix of Help tools and their capabilities
(most of the big players are represented on that matrix).

Regards,

Bill

--
Bill Swallow