RE: buzz on mapcap flare?

Subject: RE: buzz on mapcap flare?
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:35:40 -0500

rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net [mailto:rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net] wrote:

> Mapcap Flare is supposed to release a "sneak peak" version at
> the end of January, according to their website.
>
> Anybody got the inside scoop on the definition of "end of January"?
>
> I really ought to try it before I start lobbying my boss for funds.

Here, the task of getting a signature on a purchase req for ....
lessee..... <counting on fingers> .... jeez, just five of us left
worldwide!...
would take at least six months, and more likely a year. And that, after we
have some evidence to support the change from RoboHelp.

I'm not about to whip out my own credit card, so it looks like we will not
be benefitting from any early-adopter deals from MadCap. We'll just sit and
wait for all you folks - and the gang over on the [HATT] list to supply all
the raves, and no deal-killer complaints.

As I understand it, the core (if not the entire) development group came from
RoboHelp, right? So the Help for the Help Authoring Tool will be about as
complete and accessible as the RH Help has always been? Ahhhh... er....
um... whoever writes the definitive third-party book, please have it updated
for Flare 2.1 in time for us to purchase, wouldja? We'll need it.
Ahem. :-)

Kevin (never buy the initial release nor any "point-zero" version of a
product)