Re: The Technical Writer vs. Agile Development Methodologies

Subject: Re: The Technical Writer vs. Agile Development Methodologies
From: Collin T <tutivillus -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:49:47 -0700

Anna,

I run the wide road here. I create End-User and Help docs, Spec docs,
API's, Content Management, Video Tutorials, articles, etc. Pretty wide
ranging really.

One of the first things I did was make my own personal Style Sheet.
That's helped quite a bit with keeping my documents look and feel the
same. I created HTML templates as well. After a bit I started
creating Word and Open Office templates for projects as they came.

I also set up a Help repository on one of our servers so anyone can go
in and take whatever documentation they need.

And lastly...and probably most important...I have been *slowly*
training this company how to work with a tech writer. I've gotten our
software testers to act as my Editorial review board..(hehehe!) and
have gotten many PM's used to having me around. The Developers kind
of see me as a hybrid developer, since I use several of their tools
and do a lot of my own work (SVN, creating JSP's, messing with Tomcat
so I can see my work locally.)

I think it's very important to note that while training your company,
you must take your time. Going in too hard and fast only causes
problems and flattens toes.

Good luck and have fun!

-Collin Turner

--
Wenn Sie dieses lesen können, vergeuden Sie Ihre Zeit.