Re: InterChange Conference

Subject: Re: InterChange Conference
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:11:15 -0500

Hi Erica,

I was on the InterChange planning committee for 10 years and conference chair for a couple, and I'm sad to say that it is no longer. The conference was a cooperative venture between UMass Lowell and the Boston and Northern New England STC chapters. UMass Lowell's tech writing program sort of shut down when the sponsor moved to UMass Boston, and despite a couple of tries, nothing has stepped up to fill the void.

I agree, though, that it's about time something did. Boston is one of the most active chapters in the society, and there are several others close by: NNE, Vermont, and Connecticut, and even NY and NJ ... It would seem to me that with this sort of base to build on, we could do something.

It does, however, take two things to get going: interested people and some financial backing.

I live in Vermont now ... Anyone in Boston, NNE willing to start talking? Erica - you interested?

John Garison

john at garisons.com

Erica Sullivan wrote:

I know they say there's no such thing as a stupid question but I'm about to ask one. What happened to the InterChange Conference? When was the last one? Is anyone thinking about restarting them now that the market is recovered/recovering?

I admit, I've been out of the loop for a while.

Thanks.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as john -at- garisons -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/john%40garisons.com