Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email

Subject: Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email
From: John Bartol <johnbartol -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:24:43 -0800

No, I didn't find it offensive. I would say that it shows the original writer has heard stories about other parts of the world and has not had the chance to find out if they're true or not.

Could it have been written better? Yes.
Is it a valid concern? For her, yes.

For what it's worth, many years ago (21?) I went to Europe with cadets (sailing). When we were given a day off to go into town (Lisbon), we were expressly advised by our officer to not let one of the girls off by herself (blonde and cute). There had been, well, difficulties at the time.

So... to the original poster -- it's always worthwhile to read your emails before sending and consider them from the recipient's point of view.
To the rest of the list -- there's really no need to flame.

Michele Davis wrote:

Am I the only person that finds this email offensive? I'm a former model, I don't go running around techwhirler saying how I have red hair and how bloody attractive I am. How rude. I'm sure your rudeness will hit it off real well in ALL countries where they already consider Americans crass and obnoxious.

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

Amanda Abelove wrote:

A consulting company wants to send me to India to teach tech writing... it is in Kerala, India. I'm tall, young, blonde, and cute... Can I reasonably expect to make it home?

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/michele%40krautgrrl.com

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as johnbartol -at- shaw -dot- ca -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/johnbartol%40shaw.ca