Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email

Subject: Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:21:23 -0500

> Michelle,
>
> It's obvious that YOU have issues about another woman
> saying she's "cute". Is this insecurity? Who really
> cares how she looks? Maybe she is ABSOLUTELY cute by
> all standards- except yours. We all understood what
> her question was and what her concerns were.
>
> You like to toot your horn about how you've traveled
> ABSOLUTELY everywhere, been a model, etc. I guess we
> should all bow down to your SUBJECTIVE opinions and
> judgements. Get over yourself! Give us a break too.
> This is a list about writing and not for you to rave
> about your personal insecurities and issues....

Now *this* is totally uncalled for.

Whether Michele has issues with another woman's looks or not is
absolutely not your place to say, and I find your comments far more
offensive than anything Amanda, Michele, or anyone else on this list
has said.

Judging by the huge amount of traffic Amanda's comment generated, a
good number of people *didn't* understand what she meant. That's what
happens when you use a contextless medium to express a very contextual
issue.

But it doesn't take comprehension of context to see that your words
are very insulting and denigrating to--well, hell, I was gonna say "to
Michele," but they're just insulting, period.

I hereby mention Hitler, just so we can invoke Godwin's Law and bury
this thread once and for all.

Martin