Re: ratio of tech writers to developers at your company?

Subject: Re: ratio of tech writers to developers at your company?
From: Siliconwriter <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Tom Johnson <thj -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:25:45 -0800

On Feb 16, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Tom Johnson wrote:

We are gathering statistics about the ratio of technical writers to software
developers. Could you please share any information you have on the number of
tech writers your company has versus the number of developers?

1 writer, 20 developers/engineers/QA guys/tech support. All of those guys add input/value to what I write. And I should add that I work 4 days a week, not 5.

We'd also
appreciate it if you could let us know your primary industry, such as
financial, medical, etc.

Telecommunications equipment (sub: network appliances), both hardware and software

Thanks,

You're welcome. Do we get to see the results of your poll?

Sarah