Re: RE: CareerBuilder web site

Subject: Re: RE: CareerBuilder web site
From: Charlotte Archer <caarcher -at- cox -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:13:18 -0500

"Employers" have the ability to search on monster.com as well for keywords, and recruiters for both contract positions and "business opportunities" go phishing for contacts regularly using whatever their program parameters are, often sending out blind, form letters to "prospects" without ever even looking at your resume. If you haven't gotten such offers on monster or dice, then you've just been lucky. I get them periodically (I have sufficient desireable keywords in my resume to catch all the "management" offers that are actually business opportunities.)

I was actually quite pleasantly surprised to receive a *pertinent* letter from a recruiter recently, that demonstrated clearly that he had actually read my resume, as I've never gotten one until now.