RE: Extra text test, on the subject of wasted space

Subject: RE: Extra text test, on the subject of wasted space
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:16:47 -0500

Peter Sturgeon had the audacity to say:

> I'm writing one line, plus my name below it.
>
> Peter Sturgeon
>
> WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
> format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and
> efficient content
> delivery. Try it today!. http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
> Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter.
> It's that easy. Watch the demo at
http://www.componentone.com/TECHWRL/DocToHelp2005

The above at least has the virtue of helping keep the list free to us
participants.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/mlist%40safenet-inc.com

> Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

The immediately above is questionable, except maybe the final two lines.

I'm on several lists that include subscription info in the trailer.
People regularly post to the list, regardless, asking how to unsubscribe,
or they just send their "UNSUBSCRIBE" message directly to the list...
having completely ignored the instructions in the footer of every
message that they ever received from the list. Gee, do techwriters
ever have experience of that kind of behavior (he wondered facetiously)?

Some lists put their unsubscribe info in the header, and one-line
mention of that fact in the footer/trailer.
Of course, those lists are a smidgen technical and presume that
anybody reading - as a subscriber - is capable of viewing their
extended e-mail headers.

Also, perhaps Outlook can be configured too, but at least two of
my Linux mail readers automatically trim out appended junk when
I hit "Reply". Anything that appears after "--" encountered alone
on a line... doesn't appear.

Kevin (about to have something silly _and_ ungrammatical said on his
"behalf")