RE: Planning modular help for software packages

Subject: RE: Planning modular help for software packages
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:23:42 -0500

Tony Markos said:

> Planning for modular help systems is the same as
> planning for modular anything: It is all about
> selecting an analysis technique that results in the
> partitioning of a system into logical and natural
> modules. Discussion of such technique is taboo on this
> listserv.

Taboo chunking notwithstanding, I don't quite get
how one can make a usefully modular help system
when the product it documents is not usefully modular.

Not saying that the product isn't useful - it is - but
that it was put together in a fashion that does not lend
itself to modular interpretation at the user level.

Kevin