RE: An observation

Subject: RE: An observation
From: MaggiRos <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:39:05 -0800 (PST)

I just spent the past 6 months or so looking for
something new. (It's ok, I had a gig; I just wanted a
good one, which meant I had the leisure to take my
time.) Almost everything is contract, and the perm
offers seem to think benefits are worth way more than
they are. It's been like that here in L.A. for quite
some time now. The good thing is, there are more
contracts now than there were, and the rates do seem
to be going up.

Although, come to think of it, 2 or 3 years ago there
was nothing but contract. Now at least a few FT
positions do seem to be appearing.

Maggie