Re: Most annoying word

Subject: Re: Most annoying word
From: "Kathy Nemaric" <kjnresearch -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:47:00 -0500

When I worked at a dot com, the content managers had to pay a 25-cent fine
for every cliche they used, whether spoken or in writing.

The CEO had to pay every time he said "fundamentally," and other people had
to pay for their pet words. The graphic arts guy had to pay for every
"sweet."

We had a piggy bank for our fines. I can't remember how much we collected,
and then after half the employees were laid off, the whole thing died.

Kathy