Re: Most annoying statement

Subject: Re: Most annoying statement
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:56:52 -0600

As a writer of several Dummies books, and other books for other publishers, let me tell you this: everyone THINKS they can write, but it's really crap. It actually amazes me what gets published. The writing is horrid, hard to follow, poor grammar, and the layout of some books is so hideous they're just too painful to read.

Dummies books are usually written by non-authors, say someone is a massage therapist and writes a dummies book about massage. This person isn't a writer, not by any stretch of the imagination. These people give writing a very bad name. Very bad. But writing seems to be the one occupation that everyone and their dog thinks they can do.

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

Tony Markos wrote:

My most annoying statement: "The procedure to do X is
simple...."

Most of the time - especially in the "Dummies" books
-when I read such a statement, I find that the
material that follows is incomprehensible.