Re: "Seeing" words

Subject: Re: "Seeing" words
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy -dot- skau -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:47 +0530

Some words have a "look" or "sound" that feels just right, neutral, or all
wrong.

There are some words I am uncomfortable using because they fit into the
sentence like a bum note in an arpeggio. I use them sometimes to introduce a
little "harmonic tension",
but I wonder if it has that effect on others. I'm sure it usually doesn't;
but I use it anyway in my non-technical writing projects.

Edwin