Re: Just what do I need to know about lotus Notes?

Subject: Re: Just what do I need to know about lotus Notes?
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: Cindy -dot- Crittenden -at- cox -dot- com
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:15:50 -0500

[1]Cindy -dot- Crittenden -at- cox -dot- com wrote:

<>Well sure it is alive and well in IBM - they own Lotus!

<>You're right there, but hardly anyone at the company liked Lotus. The
shift from Token Ring to Ethernet was a huge leap that many hoped would help
foster a move out of Lotus. I no longer work there, so I never found out if
that happened. This was also a subsidiary of IBM and not IBM...although my
understanding is they have been pretty much absorbed by Big Blue. I think
the problem moving from Notes to something like Outlook is Outlook's
security problems combined with the fact that IBM doesn't own Outlook and
IBM is heading toward Linix versus NT (or XP).
--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award

See also:
cards for all occasions)
"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry
about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang