RE: an easy way to confuse Adobe bookmarks

Subject: RE: an easy way to confuse Adobe bookmarks
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:40:15 -0700

Tom Johnson" wrote:

> I've found an easy way to confuse Adobe's bookmarks when you
> convert a Word
> document to a PDF.
>
> If you set the paragraph spacing of your body text (or normal
> text) to 0 pts
> before and 12 pts after, and then convert it to PDF, the bookmarks are
> misaligned every time!
>
> (By bookmarks, I'm referring to the links in the Adobe Reader
> bookmarks
> panel, which jump to destinations on the page.)

I don't see any response to this, so maybe I'm not the only one who
doesn't understand. :-)

What do you mean by "bookmarks are misaligned"? Clicking the bookmarks
doesn't take you to the correct destinations?

But your bookmark destinations are headings, not body/normal text,
right? So why do you think body/normal text has something to do with
whatever the problem is?

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs