RE: UAT Test Scripts

Subject: RE: UAT Test Scripts
From: "Kevin Amery" <kevin -dot- amery -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 13:16:30 -0500

One reason you may be having a hard time finding templates is that test
scripts often aren't presented as traditional documents. Where I'm currently
working (a Canadian bank) test scripts are handled using Test Director 4.6,
and the testers receive the scenarios in the TD interface rather than from a
Word, PDF, or printed document. They do this for a number of reasons (TD can
monitor the software that is being tested to log results; test results and
comments from testers are automatically entered into a database; the test
leads can look up in the database which tests have been run, which means
they can verify that no tests have been skipped or missed, etc.)

Until next time....

Kevin Amery