Re: Developing a troubleshooting guide

Subject: Re: Developing a troubleshooting guide
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: Joe Malin <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:06:20 -0500

There is a way that has been known for years and has lain
unused as far as I know. The software (or some smart
hardware) asks the user, "Have you read the READ THIS FIRST
manual or card?" If the user answers, "Yes," the equipment
refuses to operate, and continues to ask the question.
Somewhere on page two or three of READ THIS FIRST is the
*correct* answer. It's something like, "Sure have," or
"You betcha."

Where is my prize?

Joe Malin wrote:

if there was just a way to get the customers to read that _before_

they called for help! :-)
If you find that way, I will personally nominate you for the Nobel Peace
Prize!