Regarding a Career in Techical Writing

Subject: Regarding a Career in Techical Writing
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:08:53 +0530

Hi All,

I have been working as Technical writer from past one year for an IT
organisation. We work only on Robo Help. I would like to continue my career
in Technical writing in long run.. Can anyone please guide me to how one can
improve on his/her writing skills..
Is it required for me to take up any course or continue my education?? Now
am persuing graduation in Information Technology.
Please let me know if there are any PG courses or a crash course which can
help me to improve my skill set.
And also let me know how is the market in terms of career prospects for
Technical writers??
--
Regards