RE: Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors

Subject: RE: Taxes & Deductions for Independent Contractors
From: "Wilson, Dennis" <Dennis -dot- Wilson -at- spirentcom -dot- com>
To: "'ekarenski-techwrl -at- yahoo -dot- com'" <ekarenski-techwrl -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:26:56 -0800

Karen,
basically, use your judgment. If you believe you will remain an employee
throughout 2006, then don't pay the quarterly submittals. You will only be
penalized if you actually "should have" -- meaning you were working as an
IC.
This has worked for me. In fact, one year I worked the whole year as an IC
but I missed one of the quarterly submittals. At the end of the year, I
owed some taxes, but the penalty for missing the one quarterly was quite
small.

Dennis Wilson