Doc$ v. Dev$

Subject: Doc$ v. Dev$
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:46:20 -0500

Greetings all.

In the past, we've had some discussions about ratios of writers to developers, but I'd like to carry it a step further. I was asked this by my manager today, and could only try and extrapolate answers, so I'm turning to you all.

What is the ratio of dollars spent on documentation to dollars spent on developing what's being documented?

I await your replies ...

John Garison