Re: Quaint technical writing

Subject: Re: Quaint technical writing
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:00:53 +0100

On Monday, April 3, 2006, Dick Margulis wrote;

>> http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals/0-999/807.pdf
>>
>> I have to wonder if the environment that produced this is really in
>> Pittsburg.
>> What do you think?

> What I think is that this was Ned's little April Fool's prank on

My thoughts exactly at first. However, the URL given looks genuine and
ten years ago I did work for a company who wouldn't replace pre-WWII
manuals for cost reasons. For every old, but still sold product, they
kept one (no longer pristine) master, which they photocopied as
required!

--
Geoff