Re: quick question about 'hence'

Subject: Re: quick question about 'hence'
From: Lori Olcott <lori_olcott -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

If you're writing for people restoring antique cars, they might like a
slightly old fashioned slant to the writing. Just a passing thought.

Another question to ask is, how obvious is the post-hence instruction?
Can additional cans of paint be assumed? Personally, I prefer to spell
out as much as possible. But leaving it out is an option.

Does the post-hence instruction prompt for more information? If so, it
might need its own sentence.

â??For lighter colors, you will usually need more layers of paint,
generally an additional %40 over your expected quantity of paint cans.
For white or pale yellow, you might need as much as %50 more paint for a
consistent finish."

> My actually question (being that English is not my motherâ??s tongue):
is

http://mail.yahoo.com