Re: Web community software?

Subject: Re: Web community software?
From: Janani Gopalakrishnan <jananigopalakrishnan -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Amanda <bluestreaker1977 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:24:52 -0700 (PDT)

Amanda wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good web community software
package for a site about
> a small town? I am in a town on business that as a
growing community of
> young professionals and I was thinking that it would
be a fun tech writing
> project to build a site that has profiles of local
businesses (like
> citysearch), user profiles with blogs photos and
links (like myspace), a
> group calendar (like a club website) and so forth.
It would be even better
> if you could post a review of the businesses and
editable by the community
> like a wikipedia.

Why don't you try a Content Management System (CMS)
like Joomla! or Drupal?
They are pretty easy to handle and are loaded with
features. And of course,
can be edited by the community too, if you allow
public access.

Cheers,
Janani

http://mail.yahoo.com