Re: getting feedback

Subject: Re: getting feedback
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "Stacia Marlett" <smarlett -at- digitalriver -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:36:36 -0400

Stacia,

You may not necessarily need to tie the feedback to a specific
help topic. It depends on how general you keep your questions. And for that matter, if you always tie feedback
to a specific help topic, you may never find out what's not
there. <g>

One very simple survey I've seen and liked seemed to say it all:

1. Why did you consult the help? What were you looking for?
2. Did you find it?
3. How long did you look (whether you found it or not)?

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher